There are few places in the world where time seems reluctant to move forward. The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, nestled in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley and the renowned Santa Barbara County wine country, is one such rare retreat. The Alisal has been a hideaway for generations of families, couples and groups since first welcoming guests in 1946. Today, the romance and majesty of the “old west” remain in the Ranch’s wide-open spaces and unspoiled natural beauty.
Executive Chef, Pascal Godé
Chef Godé (pronounced Go-Day), born in France’s picturesque Vosges Mountains, was exposed to culinary arts at an early age since his father operated a pâtisserie and boulangerie in his hometown of Epinal.
- As a teenager, apprenticeship at some of the most famous venues on the glamorous Côte d’Azur
- At 20, honed skills in the pastry kitchen of Monte Carlo Beach Resort
- Sauté Line Cook at the opulent Louis XV Restaurant - Exclusive Hôtel de Paris in Monte Carlo, which is now operated by superchef Alain Ducasse
- Nice, he worked on the line for legendary chef Jacques Maximin in his Michelin-starred kitchen at the Hôtel Negresco
- Executive Chef at the exclusive Lyford Cay Club’s Yacht Club, in the Bahamas
- Chef de Cuisine at The French Room, the elegant restaurant at the Hotel Adolphus in Dallas, Texas
- Executive Chef at Enjolie Restaurant Four Seasons resort in Las Colinas, Texas
- Executive Sous Chef at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills, California
- Co-Owner and Executive Chef at the highly regarded French restaurant, Le Vie en Rose, in Orange County, California
- Executive Chef at The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort
In 1994, Godé accepted the position of Executive Chef at The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, where he specializes in hearty American cuisine with French and Mediterranean accents. In the heart of Santa Barbara County wine country, he has many opportunities to prepare elaborate wine dinners and showcase his expertise in haute cuisine. Godé states, “On all of my menus, even the most traditional, I always like to include one or two items that are unfamiliar to my guests that push the envelope and challenge them to try new things.”
Santa Barbara County Wine Country
The Santa Ynez Valley produces some of the finest premium wines in the world. With over 21,000 acres of vineyards and 60 wineries, enthusiasts can enjoy the tours and tastes of one of the fastest growing wine regions in the United States.
Wine enthusiasts can find estate wines that may even be crafted on the property, but just as often you are bound to find a vineyard with wines from many different producers. This contributes to a beautiful and diverse selection of wine that makes our wine-growing region so distinguished. With vineyards being meticulously farmed and carefully assessed by a community of talented winemakers, visitors to this area are bound to fall in love with the exceptional wines and the charming locale.
To learn more about visiting the Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort see our Packages, or contact Reservations at 1-800-4ALISAL or Guest Services